Savour hearty snacks in a tranquil Alpine hut, sample Tyrolean delights in local inns or try melt-in-the-mouth specialities in award-winning restaurants - all in the small village of Alpbach. Homemade schnapps is a local delicacy so make sure you order some with your meal. Being a small resort, there isn’t loads of choice, but that also means you never have to walk very far to find somewhere to stop for a coffee.
In the centre of Alpbach is the rustic Austrian pub Postalm Alpbach, with indoor and outdoor seating and a lively atmosphere. They occasionally have Tyrolean bands playing.
Up in the mountains next to the main gondola you’ll find Dauerstoa Alm, boasting a large decking area with sun loungers – ideal for admiring the fantastic views and watching the world go by. Their cakes are also sublime.
A short walk from the town centre is Café Genuss, a pretty little café with friendly staff and a charming atmosphere. Great for breakfast, lunch or just a slice of cake, the café also has an adjoining shop selling beautiful homewares and gifts.
There are enough routes around Alpbach to interest every level of walker. Start with easy paths through the valley and meadows and then head up to more challenging hikes up in the mountains.
The nearest station is in Brixlegg, which can be reached by bus. Trains run east to Kundl Gorge (6 minutes). Heading west, there are trains to Jenbach (10 minutes), the Schwaz silver mines (15 minutes) and Wattens for Swarovski Crystal World (25 minutes). Trains also go south towards Mayrhofen and the cog railway goes to Achensee.
The bus service between the villages in the valley is easy to use and is free with your Alpbachtal Seenland Card.
The lifts in the area run from late May/early June to October.
|Sightseeing and Excursions |
| ||Children ||Adults |
|Hintertux glacier ||€12 ||€24 |
|Salzburg ||€19 ||€36 |
|Neuschwanstein ||€20 ||€36 |
|Krimml waterfalls - half day ||€13 ||€26 |
|Innsbruck ||€12 ||€23 |
Entrances and tolls: Some entrances, tolls and optional extras are payable locally.
Kids and Infant prices: Reduced prices are available for children up to 12 years inclusive. Infants who do not require a seat go free.
Limited mobility and wheelchair users: Krimml Waterfalls and Neuschwanstein include quite a few steps and steep sections that may not be suitable if you have limited mobility or are a wheelchair user.
Alpbachtal Seenland Card
This card entitles you to free and reduced admission to loads of attractions and activities in the region.
· Use of operating cable cars in Alpbach, Reith and Kramsach (1 daily ascent/descent on each lift)
· Weekly guided walks programme
· Unlimited use of all local buses including bus to Rattenberg
· Guided tour of the tiny medieval town of Rattenberg (in German)
· Unlimited entrance to the Brixlegg and Münster indoor swimming pools
· Entrance to Tyrolean Farmhouse Open Air Museum
· Entrance to Reith bathing lake
· Guided mountain biking
· Juppis' Kids' Club for ages 4-12 based in Reith (Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm - lunch extra)
Available free to customers staying in Alpbach and Reith. Some entrance fees and optional extras are payable locally.
We're here to give you our support and expertise before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. This service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone and email – we will text you the in country team's contact number before you leave, so they’re only ever a call or text away.
- Online info pack with lots of useful resort information and tips – you can also contact our overseas experts at any time to ask questions about your holiday; even before you leave.
- Thomson Lakes & Mountains app with travel documents, resort maps, weather forecasts and a currency converter.
There won’t be a rep based in resort, but we'll meet you at the airport, help you get to your transfer and confirm any pre-booked excursions. If you need anything during your holiday, just get in touch via phone or email.