With all the walking you’ll be doing, you’ll need some hearty meals to keep your energy up. Schladming has around 40 restaurants – an excellent number for a pretty small town. There are plenty of traditional places where you can sample the local specialities, but you can also find high-end eateries for a more sophisticated experience.
For 400 years, the Talbachschenke restaurant has been feeding visitors from all walks of life. The rustic interior makes it the perfect choice for a romantic meal. Cosy up as you cook your own meat on a hot stone, accompanied by homemade sauces, baked potatoes and fresh bread.
Or if you’d like a more modern meal, visit Die Tischlerei. Stylish surroundings compliment the menu, which takes simple produce and turns it into a culinary work of art.
Right in the centre of town, the Stadthotel Brunner houses a popular restaurant. The contemporary décor matches the interesting menu, which combines hearty traditional fare with international favourites and even unique Ayurvedic dishes.
Schladming-Dachstein Summer Card
This fabulous all-inclusive card gives you even better value for money on your holiday in Schladming. Along with your included excursions you can take advantage of many free and discounted amenities in the area.
· Free use of all lifts in Schladming
· Free round trip on the Dachstein Gletscherbahn (1 per week)
· Free use of local buses
· Free use of Schladming indoor and outdoor adventure pool and pools in surrounding area
· Free paragliding sampler course in nearby Ramsau (min. age 15 years)
· Free entrance to the Wild Waters Adventure Alpine Trail
· Free introduction to rock climbing incl. safety equipment
· Free family adventure hike to the romantic Duisitzkarsee lake
· Free Wild Wild West day (weekly from late Jun to end Aug)
Available free for all customers staying at the Hotel Ferienalm, Hotel Kirchenwirt and the Hotel Stadttor.
Please note: See www.schladming-dachstein.at/en/summercard/
for full details, terms and conditions incl. pre-registration requirements, age restrictions and any additional charges. Details subject to change.Grenzenlos Activ Card
Stay at the Hotel Mitterhofer and receive a great selection of perks and free activities to enjoy throughout your stay in Schladming.
· Free hotel shuttle to and from the Dachstein Glacier gondola
· Free round trip on the Dachstein Glacier gondola
· Free breakfast or snack at the in-house Ursprung Alm mountain chalet
· Free hotel shuttle to and from the Urspring Alm mountain chalet
· Free local produce tasting one evening per week (including hams, cheeses and schnapps)
· Guiding walking tours (weekly programme available from reception)
· Free entrance to the Pichl swimming lake
· Free entrance to the 'Wilde Wasser' Riesach waterfalls
· E-bike rental once per week (subject to availability)
· Discounted entry to the Trautenfels Museum
· 50% off on one return journey on the Planai Lift
Available free to all customers staying at the Hotel Mitterhofer.