As Bardolino is in the southern part of the lake, the paths are relatively flat making it an easy place to walk around - there are numerous pavement cafés as well as a cosmopolitan promenade for you to wander along.
The ferry from Bardolino stops in various resorts around the lake, including Riva and Garda, and is a relaxing way to experience the lake and admire its beauty. The port is located by the Piazza Catullo. You can reach Garda in 15 minutes with boats leaving 6 times a day, and Peschiera in 55 minutes with boats departing twice a day.
The nearest station to Bardolino is in Peschiera, which can be reached in 30 minutes by bus. From Peschiera you can journey to Venice in 1 hour and 30 minutes and Verona in only 20 minutes. Trains are pretty regular too, which is a bonus.
Bardolino’s bus station is located just off the main road next to the tourist office. Two types of buses operate from here: the first is a local bus that runs around Bardolino and the outskirts to Cisano, and the second is a public bus which covers the east coast of Lake Garda - you can reach Garda in just 5 minutes.
|Trip ||Adult ||Child (0-12) |
|Wine Tour ||€46 ||Free* |
|Grand Dolomites Tour ||€57 ||Free* |
|Venice ||€73 ||Free* |
|Florence ||€80 ||Free* |
|Mantua and Sigurta ||€56 ||Free* |
|Venice by night ||€77 ||Free* |
|Lake Garda Tour ||€50 ||Free* |
|Verona ||€39 ||Free* |
|Bolzano and Renon (Fri) ||€59 ||Free* |
|Milan ||€56 ||Free* |
|Ferrari Museum ||€78 ||Free* |
* 1 free child place per full paying adult.
Some entrances, tolls and optional extras are payable locally
Twin centre suggestion
Why not combine a stay at the Idania in Bardolino with a few days at the Hotel Malibran in Venice; call us to book the perfect combination for those wishing to experience the Italian lakes and a city in one trip. Transfer to your second centre is by coach or minibus and may be via Verona Airport.
If you want to get away from it all, but can't spare seven days, we have three and four night short breaks available in Bardolino at various hotels in resort. The short transfer means you'll be able to make the absolute most out of your time in Italy.
Why not combine Bardolino with one of Italy's cultural cities, a mountain resort or another resort on Lake Garda. Transfer to your second centre by coach or minibus which may be via Verona Airport.
Garda Promotions Card
Enjoy Lake Garda for less with this exclusive card. Take advantage of reduced prices to castles, museums and much more.
· Discounted entry to Arco Castle
· Discounted entry to the Museum of Riva del Garda
· Discount on a round trip ticket on the Cableway Malcesine-Monte Baldo
· Discounted entry to the Movieland Studios
· Discounted entry to Gardaland
· Discounted entry to Acquaria Wellness Center
Available free to all customers staying in Bardolino and lasts 3 days.
We're here to give you our support and expertise before, during and after your holiday – it's what we do. This service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone and email – we will text you the rep's contact number before you leave, so they're only ever a call or text away.
- Online info pack with lots of useful resort information and tips – you can also contact our reps at any time to ask questions about your holiday; even before you leave.
- Thomson Lakes & Mountains app with travel documents, resort maps, weather forecasts and a currency converter.
Our reps will meet you at the airport, help you get to your transfer and confirm any pre-booked excursions. They'll also be available in resort to invite you on an informative welcome meeting or walkabout. If you need anything during your holiday, just check your info pack or the app to find them in resort for a chat.