The tree-lined promenade allows for leisurely walks along the water’s edge. If you head further into town you’ll be greeted by pedestrianised, cobbled streets that truly encompass the Mediterranean atmosphere.
Taking the ferry across the lake means you can relax and enjoy the views. You can pick up the ferry from Garda’s lakefront promenade and reach towns like Limone in 3 and a half hours, or Peschiera in 1 hour.
The nearest train station to Garda is Peschiera which can be reached by bus in 30 minutes. From the station you can get to Venice in 1 hour and 30 minutes, or the beautiful city of Verona in only 20 minutes.
Buses to various towns around the lake run from Garda’s bus station on the Corsa Italia. There’s also a free bus service that operates around Garda town between 9am and 12pm and again between 4pm and 7.30pm. The route begins from opposite the Hotel Terminus and makes its way around town towards the Hotel Poiano.
|Trip ||Adult ||Child (0-12) |
|Wine Tour ||€46 ||Free* |
|Grand Dolomites Tour ||€57 ||Free* |
|Venice ||€73 ||Free* |
|Florence ||€80 ||Free* |
|Mantua and Sigurtà Garden ||€56 ||Free* |
|Venice by night ||€77 ||Free* |
|Lake Garda Tour ||€50 ||Free* |
|Verona ||€39 ||Free* |
|Bolzano and Renon ||€59 ||Free* |
|Milan ||€56 ||Free* |
|Ferrari Museum ||€78 ||Free* |
|Flavours of Veneto ||€47 ||Free* |
* 1 Free child place per full paying adult.
Some entrances, tolls and optional extras are payable locally.
Why not combine a stay at the Hotel La Perla in Garda with a stay at the Hotel Garda in Riva, call us to book a fantastic trip to experience the contrasts between the northern and southern ends of Lake Garda. Transfer to your second centre is by coach or minibus and may be via Verona Airport.
Short BreaksIf you want to get away from it all, but can't spare seven days, we have three and four night short breaks available in Garda at various hotels and the short transfer means you'll be able to make the absolute most out of your time in Italy.
Garda Promotions Card
You can enjoy Lake Garda for less with this exclusive card. Take advantage of reduced prices to castles, museums and much more.
· Discounted entry to Arco Castle
· Discounted entry to the Museum of Riva del Garda
· Discount on a round trip ticket on the Cableway Malcesine-Monte Baldo
· Discounted entry to the Movieland Studios
· Discounted entry to Gardaland
· Discounted entry to Acquaria Wellness Center
Available free to all customers staying in Garda and lasts 3 days.
We're here to give you our support and expertise before, during and after your holiday – it's what we do. This service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone and email – we will text you the rep's contact number before you leave, so they're only ever a call or text away.
- Online info pack with lots of useful resort information and tips – you can also contact our reps at any time to ask questions about your holiday; even before you leave.
- Thomson Lakes & Mountains app with travel documents, resort maps, weather forecasts and a currency converter.
Our reps will meet you at the airport, help you get to your transfer and confirm any pre-booked excursions. They'll also be available in resort to invite you on an informative welcome meeting or walkabout. If you need anything during your holiday, just check your info pack or the app to find them in resort for a chat.