Madonna di Campiglio is a high-end resort, so there are quite a few Michelin-starred chefs and award-winning restaurants around – though there are plenty of affordable options too. Expect delicious Italian and Trentino food with amazing service. There are around 20 eateries dotted around the resort and a good few mountain restaurants too, but everything is quite spread out so you may want to plan out where to go next.
Located on the Via Cima Tosa, the Michelin-starred Il Gallo Cedrone is a beautiful mountain-style restaurant with a warm and traditional atmosphere. The service is impeccable and it even houses 20,000 wines in its wine cellar – so you’ll definitely find the perfect one to complement your meal.
Up on the mountain is the unique Rifugio Chalet Fiat – yes, it’s owned by the car company. The Fiat brand is stylishly present in the decor, but it still manages to keep its mountain restaurant feel. It serves dinner on Thursday and Saturday evenings and is open for self-service breakfast and lunch every day.
Next to the slopes in the heart of the resort is the Ristorante Le Roi, which is extremely popular with the locals – it’s hard to get a table so book beforehand. It has traditional decor and authentic dishes, and apparently they make the best tiramisu in town.
Madonna town is quite spread out, with lots of main roads, but it’s surrounded by Italy’s first nature park, so it’s a beautiful place to explore on foot.
There are no trains running from Madonna. The nearest stations are in Trento (73km away) and Brescia (130km).
Buses are the quickest way to get around here. The main station is on Monte Spinale street and regular buses run to Trento (2 hours away) and throughout the valley to Tione, Brescia, Malè, Bolzano and Milan.
Five gondolas and cable cars in Madonna, such as the Pinzolo-Campiglio Express and 5 Laghi, stay open throughout the summer to give easy access to the peaks of the Brenta Dolomites.
Trentino Guest Card
If you'd like to explore the Trentino region, you can get free and reduced prices on lots of services and attractions with the Trentino Guest Card.
· Entry to Arco Castle and Drena Castle
· Entry to the Botanical Garden in Arco
· Entry to the Apponale Tower in Riva del Garda
· Use of local public transport including trains
· Discounted fares on the Navigarda Ferries
· Discounted entry to Reptiland in Riva del Garda
· Discounted entry to Adventure Village in Dro
Available for all customers staying in Madonna Di Campiglio.
The DoloMeet Card is the perfect way to complete your fun-packed holiday as it gives you a whole load of free stuff, as well as discounted entry to places, and discounts in shops.
· Use of lifts in Madonna Di Campiglio and Pinzolo
· Free public transport in the region
· Access to the weekly activity programme
· Various discounts on family activities, spas, sporting facilities and in shops
The DoloMeet Card is available in resort. If you're staying in a hotel, there's 1 free card per guest. If you're staying in an apartment, there's 1 free card per apartment, with great discounts off additional cards, which can be bought in resort.
All excursions and activities need to be booked directly with the Madonna di Campiglio Tourist Office.
We're here to give you our support and expertise before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. This service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone and email – we will text you the in country team's contact number before you leave, so they’re only ever a call or text away.
- Online info pack with lots of useful resort information and tips – you can also contact our overseas experts at any time to ask questions about your holiday; even before you leave.
- Thomson Lakes & Mountains app with travel documents, resort maps, weather forecasts and a currency converter.
There won’t be a rep based in resort, but we'll meet you at the airport, help you get to your transfer and confirm any pre-booked excursions. If you need anything during your holiday, just get in touch via phone or email.