Delicious Veronese specialities are carefully prepared with local produce – risotto radicchio uses the Vialone Nano variety of rice from Veneto – and can be accompanied by their D.O.C. range of wines, produced on the hills of Verona. You can try this, and lots of scrumptious others, all around Verona, although most restaurants are in the very centre of town, near the arena. And for a scenic setting, you can also grab a table on the promenade of the Adige River.
With the very best location in Verona, in the Piazza Bra, Liston 12 is an extremely well-priced restaurant overlooking the Verona Arena. Enjoy a cocktail and a pizza or pasta dish while seeing everyone arrive for an evening at the opera.
On a walk towards the river you’ll find Ham Holy Burger, a modern-style burger bar with the digital age in mind. You’re given a tablet on arrival to browse the internet and order your food on – now that is snazzy.
Hidden away on the Piazza San Zano is the Michelin-starred Casa Perbellini. This small restaurant serves exquisite 13-course tasting menus and inventive dishes at incredible prices – and you can delight in watching the chefs at work in the open kitchen.
Verona is a warren of narrow, cobbled streets and open piazzas which are best explored on foot. Use the time to admire the medieval architecture. The main sights in the city, such as the arena and Castel Vecchio, are all in the centre so they’re easy to get to.
The train station is at the top of Piazzale Porta Nuova, a 20-minute walk from the city centre. From there, you can hop on a train to lots of places in Northern Italy, including cities like Milan (1 hour 20 minutes) and Venice (1 hour 45 minutes), as well as stunning Lake Garda (20 minutes to Peschiera).
Next to the train station is the main bus station. The service runs throughout the city and is very easy to use. You can also take a bus trip out to Lake Garda, though these longer journeys can be unreliable at times.
Verona has many interesting sights to visit, from the famous Roman Arena which still hosts summer opera performances, to the house of Juliet where the famous balcony can be seen. Verona is also an excellent place for shopping with fashionable and stylish boutiques. The city boasts numerours restaurants and cafés in which to sip wines from the region and sample the splendid cuisine al fresco.
Have Verona in the palm of your hands with this fantastic card. You can visit lots of cultural monuments, churches and museums without having to worry about the admission price.
· Entry to the Arena
· Entry to Juliet's House, Juliet's Tomb and Fresos Museum "G.B. Cavalcaselle"
· Entry to the Natural History Museum
· Entry to the Roman Theatre
· Entry to the Sant'Anastasia Church
· City bus travel
· Discounted entry to the Giusti Garden as well as other museums
Available to buy locally. Adult €22 for a 48-hour pass.
If you want to explore the whole province of Verona, then this card is a must have. If you're staying in Verona or Lake Garda you can take advantage of great discounts to museums, sports facilities, restaurants, travel and much more.
· Discounted entry to a fantastic range of museums and monuments
· Discounts in an array of restaurants, wine shops, food shops and bars
· Wine tasting at participating farms and wine cellars
· Discounts on sports activities
Available free to all customers staying one or more nights in Verona.
We're here to give you our support and expertise before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. This service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone and email – we will text you the in country team's contact number before you leave, so they’re only ever a call or text away.
- Online info pack with lots of useful resort information and tips – you can also contact our overseas experts at any time to ask questions about your holiday; even before you leave.
- Thomson Lakes & Mountains app with travel documents, resort maps, weather forecasts and a currency converter.
There won’t be a rep based in resort, but we'll meet you at the airport, help you get to your transfer and confirm any pre-booked excursions. If you need anything during your holiday, just get in touch via phone or email.
Not available to book on-line