Kranjska Gora is a relatively small town – you can walk from one end to the other in around 15 minutes – with a car-free main square full of pavement cafés to tickle your fancy.
The nearest station to Kranjska Gora is Jesenice which can be accessed by a bus that runs once an hour. From the station you can reach various parts of Slovenia as well as some cities in Austria.
There’s only one bus stop in Kranjska Gora, and it’s located between the Hotel Skipass and the Pension Lipa. From here, a frequent bus service runs to nearby resorts including Bled.
Between July and August, the Vitranc 1 chairlift operates daily from 9am to 5pm. In May, June and September it only operates three days a week. The lift takes you halfway up the mountain giving you beautiful views of the Julian Alps and Triglav National Park.
|Excursions ||Child ||Adult |
|Julian Alps (full day, Mon) ||€19 ||€37 |
|Ljubljana (3/4 day, Wed and Sat) ||€21 ||€42 |
|Postojna Caves and Predjama Castle (3/4 day, Thu) ||€33 ||€65 |
|Taste of Slovenia (full day, Tue) ||€36 ||€71 |
|Bled and Bohinj Valley (full day, Fri) ||€25 ||€49 |
|Venice (water taxi not incl.) (full day, Fri) ||€37 ||€74 |
|Lipica Stud Farm (3/4 day, Sun) ||€36 ||€72 |
A full range of excursions is available from your Holiday Advisor in resort.
This card is handy if you want to venture out and create memories in the Gorenjska region.
· Discounts on travel
· Discounts on sports activities including cycling, adventure sports, hiking, climbing and water sports
· Guided tour of the exhibition Triglav National Park and Gorenjska
· Discounts and offers in various restaurants in Bled and the other resorts
· Discounted entry to spas and discounts on available treatments
Available free to all customers staying at Hotel Kompas, Hotel Larix, Hotel Lipa, Ramada Hotel & Suites Kranjska Gora and Vitranc Garni Apartments.
We're here to give you our support and expertise before, during and after your holiday – it's what we do. This service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone and email – we will text you the rep's contact number before you leave, so they're only ever a call or text away.
- Online info pack with lots of useful resort information and tips – you can also contact our reps at any time to ask questions about your holiday; even before you leave.
- Thomson Lakes & Mountains app with travel documents, resort maps, weather forecasts and a currency converter.
Our reps will meet you at the airport, help you get to your transfer and confirm any pre-booked excursions. They'll also be available in resort to invite you on an informative welcome meeting or walkabout. If you need anything during your holiday, just check your info pack or the app to find them in resort for a chat.